Hi everyone! This is Anna from Crazy for First Grade! It’s time to have some Teacher Talk Tuesday fun!! Today is dedicated to providing new teachers with advice. There is no way around it….the first year is full of ups and downs!! Let’s link up & share words of wisdom with all of the sweet newbies out there!!
I’ll go first.....
1. Put first things first….in other words, take care of yourself. Teaching is a demanding job! Make sure you give yourself time to relax and enjoy life outside of the classroom!!
2. This kinda goes with #1- Know that you will never have everything on your MASSIVE to do list crossed off!! Prioritize and do what is absolutely necessary for each day. It’s okay to let some things rollover!
3. Make a good first impression on your students! Plan activities at the beginning of the year that will get them excited about being back in school!
4. Communicate often with your parents through e-mail, newsletter, blog, etc. Building a positive, trusting relationship with them is KEY!! Trust me, you want them on your sideJ
5. Establish classroom procedures from day #1 and keep your rules simple!
6. Collaborate, share, and plan as much as possible with your grade level team! Don’t be afraid to ask questions about school procedures, policies, curriculum, teaching strategies, etc.!!
7. Always have several short activities, printables, and practice pieces ready to use in case a planned lesson backfires!
8. Be flexible…things don’t always go as planned in the educational world!
9. Stay positive, avoid gossip, and make friends with EVERYONE at your school!
10. HAVE FUN!!!
Now, it's your turn… link up using the button that says "Add Your Link" below! We can't wait to hear from YOU! Thanks for sharing your advice with us!!