Image Map

Teacher Week: Therapeutic Thursday with Life In First Grade


Hey y'all! I'm Leslie Ann from Life in First Grade and I'm so excited to be a part of Blog Hoppin'. Since it's Therapeutic Thursday, I'm here to talk about how to relax after a really stressful day. Although almost every day is a busy day in first grade, I’ve been lucky enough to only have a handful of what I consider to be extremely stressful days. These are days where nothing is going right and you just feel like you want to cry. I’m sure we’ve all had these kinds of days. I usually feel like this after a special event or a field trip! I don’t think I’ve ever felt as tired as I did after my first field trip. Here’s what I do to make myself feel better after an overwhelming day.


First off, I stop on my way home and get something to eat. Food makes everything better and let’s face it, eating something sensible and healthy just won’t make you feel better. Added bonus: you won’t have to cook as soon as you get home! My go to comfort food is a Zaxby’s chicken finger plate. Yum! Just typing this makes my mouth water and instantly puts me in a good mood! :) 
Lots of people go to the gym to unwind after a hard day. I so wish I was one of those people! Going to the gym sounds like such hard work to me and if I've had a bad day, it's the last place I want to be so you won't see it on my de-stressing list!
Once I’ve gotten home, I take a bubble bath. Bubble baths always make me feel better. I think of it as washing the school day off! Using yummy smelling bubble bath is must. My current favorite is 
Philosophy’s Bubble Bath/Shower Gel/Shampoo in Margarita. *Love* 

After my bubble bath, I put on some comfy clothes and sit down to get lost in a tv show and try and forget about the stressful day. My go to guilty pleasure tv shows right now are Revenge and Lost (yes, I realized I’m way late to the Lost party, but I’m catching up on Netflix and rest assured, I’m beyond confused!). 

By this time, I’m usually feeling much better and ready to prepare for the next day. And if you aren’t feeling better at this point, you can always just take a personal day! ;)

Now let’s hear how you relax after a stressful day! Become a follower of Blog Hoppin’ and link up below. Remember to link up to the direct post, not the home page of your blog. Include the Teacher Week graphic and link back to Blog Hoppin’. Super Simple!
Thanks for reading y’all! :)














8 comments:

  1. My husband and I are watching Lost also on Netflix. He watched it when it was new but I never watched until now. You have to focus on the show and cannot think of anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm Zaxbys :) I actually had my very first job at Zaxbys when I was 15. Even though I ate it almost every day, I still love it to this day!

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zaxby's!!! Num Num Num! I could eat there every day. I'd weigh 503 pounds, but it would be so good!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Zaxby's! And I am obsessed with Revenge!

    ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Zaxbys but it sure looks good! I love anything fried!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm my mouth is salivating while looking at that Zaxby's chicken finger place! YUM! (My fav!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled upon your blog and it's great! I am excited to join the link up!
    http://watchthecrashingwaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK! I am seriously obsessed with Revenge and LOST!!!!!!! I think we were meant to be friends... I am so going to email you right now! :)
    Apples and ABC's
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete