Image Map

Welcome 2014 Linky - Fitness

Hey friends!  It's Kelley from Teacher Idea Factory.  I'm here to host today's Welcome 2014 Linky installment.  What's the topic you ask?  Well, we made it to Day Three . . . 



I know . . . I know . . . Dolling is probably not the person you expected to see leading the fitness post, right??!!  Well, I thought I'd toss my hat into the ring on this one to not only help motivate my own sad self, but to also possibly inspire those who loathe working out and have the hardest time getting back up on that big 'ol horse!

Here's a little fitness history on little old me.  I was really active in high school and played volleyball year-round.  I could run that all-mighty 3-mile loop faster than anyone on my team (okay . . . except for speedy little Heidi, but she doesn't count) and we had to run that darn thing ALL THE TIME.  I was in AMAZING shape.  Then, graduation happened.  Little Kelley moved away to college and joined a sorority (Alpha Delta Pi - HOLLA!!).  I went through stages of trying to be fit.  I managed to keep off the dreaded Freshman 15 via gym memberships and intramural sports.  A few bad relationships {and even worse breakups} kept me in "check" for the next couple of years.  However, the late night burritos, toaster pizzas (don't ask), and frequent trips to The Bear finally caught up with me senior year.  It was bad.  Really bad.  After college, I moved away, stopped all of the shenanigans, and began working out again.  Things improved drastically and I felt healthy.  Well, I didn't keep up with this once I changed careers.  The move from marketing/PR to teaching was killer.  In the past 7 years I have made attempts to workout and they ALWAYS fail.  I work at the computer instead of getting physically active . . . in my mind, "I DON'T HAVE TIME!" {Yes, I said that in BIG shouty caps!}  I have become the QUEEN of excuses.  Sound familiar?

Okay, so my goal in spewing all that bloody history was to hopefully create a bond between you an me.  A bond that will help us make some changes this year - there is something to say about working together when things are hard.  Whaddya say??  Can we do it?  I'm ready - join me.

I am not making any epic fitness/health goals this year.  NO NUMBERS allowed in my book.  I simply want to make working out a doable weekly routine and to stick to my tummy-approved diet.  With this said . . . here are my goals.  



I put the easiest one first . . . hahahahaha!  I am so bad about reaching for water.  I have a cup of bold coffee every morning.  At night I have a cup of tea and maybe one or two glass of H2O. Pretty dumpy, huh??!!  School always kills my water vibe - I can't make it to the bell . . . if you know what I mean. Twenty-fourteen is the year to change this I tell ya!  I must find a way :)  


Without being too graphic, I had a major surgery two years ago that didn't go very well.  I had a resection of sorts (I'll spare you the dirty deets) and my body does not digest/handle food very well any more.  I do so much better when I stay away from gluten, dairy, and soy.  However, I cheat WAY TOO MUCH and I pay for my poor choices.  It's time to get serious - it ain't worth it.  


I am starting small with this one, so I don't get discouraged.  Exercise can be walking, running, or anything that gets my heart rate up for 20+ minutes.  {In spring I will count gardening for sure.}  I am not looking to become a ripped gym goddess . . . I simply don't want to cough up a lung when I attempt to run a mile with my students.      


It's silly, but I do this way too much.  My hubs is always getting after me when I talk this way. It's time to make a change . . . for him . . . and for me :)

Alright . . . there they are.  My four little goals.  Now that I really step back, I guess they are actually kinda big goals.  However, I have faith this is gonna be my year.  How about you? What are you feeling right now??  Wanna join me in my crusade to get healthy???  I made a little blank goal template for you to run with below.  Link up.  We can be in this . . . together.  



On a final note, I have made a little Healthy Me Note for you to take with you today.  You can download this puppy and make a few notes (fitness related or inspirational) to post on your mirror, computer, or fridge.  



Alright gang . . . now I am done.  Thanks so much for taking the time to visit us.  Hugs y'all and Merry 2014!



  


*****************************************************
 Anyone that wants to link up with a group of teachers and bloggers, please do! This is a group that plans on working together to stay healthy, share meal plans and hold each other accountable! Just head over to FB and click to join #teacherfit 

14 comments:

  1. Love your goals! Thanks for the inspiration. :) I wrote a blog post and wanted to link up but don't see the linky button...did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aileen . . . nothing like forgetting the most important part of a Linky Party . . . the link up tool!!!! Classic Dolling move :) Thanks for the heads up. I fixed it . . . I'd love to see your post!

      Delete
  2. LOL, no worries! I just linked up...mine is Mrs. Miracle's Music Room. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post! Loved it . . . your pregnancy bit made me giggle. Thanks so much for linking up and for your honesty! Great job :)

      Delete
  3. I love the positivity in this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't call me "Pollyanna" for nuffin' . . . hehehehe! Thanks friend :)

      Delete
  4. You are too funny! Love your writing! I'm going to hop over to your blog for more fun reading. Happy 2014 and all the best with your goals.

    Cheers,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit Benda :) Thanks for the well wishes . . . I'm gonna need them!!

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Sounds like you have a colon issue :( My hubby does and it is NOT good! Still trying to get things under control with him after a full year of recovering...
    Dirt Road Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang . . . you are good. You're like a super colon sleuth ;) Without going into the whole icky saga, it hasn't been good. Tell your hubs to hang tight . . . I saw some improvement around 1.5 years. It's still a hot mess, but there is a little light at the end of that LONG tunnel . . . pun not intended :) Wishing your hubby {and you} a "corner turn" soon! Thanks for taking the time to write.

      Delete
  6. I had the same issues and had to cut gluten and dairy out last year! I like to pretend that I'm just trying to be all healthy and eat good foods, etc., but that's the real reason haha. Best of luck...it's hard!!!

    Teacher at Heart
    Teachers Pay Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all these goals! Thanks for all of the inspiration. I have Celiac Disease and have to cut gluten too. It's tough at first but there are so many options now it's not too hard to do. Good luck. We linked up BUT...accidentally posted the wrong link on the first one (#39) oooops! #40 is correct. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post Kelley! I hate doing the old traditional workouts myself. I prefer getting out in the sunshine and doing something fun. My goal this year is to dust off my mountain bike and get back to riding! Good luck with all your goals, you can do it!!!
    :)Laura
    Over the 1st Grade Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo! You did an excellent job up there..
    Wish you all the best! :)
    I am waiting for this amazing New Beachbody 21-day Fix Workout and I'm really excited to try it out..
    Would you be interested to comment about it ?

    ReplyDelete