Image Map

OH, SNAP!!! It's Here! It's Here! It's FINALLY HERE!!!!

Hello sweet friends!  For those of you following us on Facebook and Instagram {thank you!}, you've probably seen this little image floating around the last few days...




I hope the wait hasn't been too suspenseful.  


I'm Cara from The First Grade Parade and I'm SO excited to tell you what we've been up to and why we've kept you waiting!  

Without further ado...



Yes, my friends...it's a scavenger hunt!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!


But not just ANY kind of scavenger hunt.





This kind of scavenger hunt is big...and it has some BIG prizes to be won...and one of those includes this not-so-little prize pack.


STOP.THE.WORLD!!!!!!  

Kind of fantastic, no?!?!

Do I have your attention yet?!?!

Well then let's carry on with the deets.





This is NOT a photography contest.  We're focusing on QUANTITY over quality.  So use your cell phones, your tablets, or your cameras.  They're all welcome here.

And you'll need an Instagram account.  One that is NOT private.



This is true.  You can always delete your account when the hunt is over if you are really opposed to being on another form of social media....or any social media at all for that matter.  But go ahead and do it.  Everybody is :)  #peerpressure #justdoit #sorrynotsorry #youwontbesorryeither

We have 200 fantastically fun items on the list to find.

200, people.

You are NOT expected to get them all.   There's just a lot of leg room available for you to get the points you need to be able to qualify for the prizes!!!!  {You'll need 105, by the way.}

You'll start by choosing an item off the list.

Find it.

Shoot it {uhhh..take a picture of it}.

And make sure you include a sign that says BLOG HOPPIN 2014 in each picture.  You know, to keep us honest :)


But you might be all, "you really expect me to carry around a sign with me everywhere I go?"

And I'm all, "No.  I can't even remember my keys half the time.  I get it."




We're all a DIY lovin' group of people, so you can make a sign real quick and easy.

Out of ANYTHING.




Just as long as you include the sign in the picture, it doesn't matter what it looks like.

You'll also need to get a little hashtag happy. 
#youknowyoulikeit

You'll need to label each picture {as seen} and include the #bloghoppin2014 hashtag along with your very own personal hashtag that matches your Instagram username.  Just take a peek and see what I'm talking about...




Doing this will help you...and us!...to keep track of your points.

We'll be hosting this scavenger hunt through August 6th.  That's a long time to try and remember to keep up with your points.  DO yourself a favor and make you a little hashtag :)  You'll be happy you did!!



We'll want you to make sure you include a sign that is NOT photoshopped into the picture or written on top with an app.  #nocheatsplease

This means no going back through old pics and using them as new entries.

But fear not!  Because this is fun, y'all!!!

All the girls at Blog Hoppin' have been SO excited about our little Scavenger Hunt that we couldn't wait to go out and start taking pictures ourselves.  I mean y'all.  We are giddy.

Who doesn't love a scavenger hunt?!?!

Especially one that ends with fabulous prizes?!?!

We won't be participating for prizes, but we'll be hunting right along with y'all because we like to have fun, too!


With the big conferences coming up in Vegas in just a couple of days, we thought this would be the *perfect* time to start a hunt.

Such a fun way to get to know each other and make some random memories!  

Not going to Vegas?!

NO WORRIES!!!

There are items on this list for EVERYONE no matter where you live or where you decide to vacation.

200 things to be exact.

And we'll sporadically update our Facebook page with random items throughout the month, so you definitely want to make sure you're following us there to get the latest updates!




The biggest reason we wanted to host this little hunt is to have FUN!  And we really want to have fun with YOU!!!

We're SO excited to find new friends to follow and see all the fun things you find. 




I'm sure you still have questions, so here's what you need to do.

Click the pic below and download the printable rules.  It explains EVERYTHING.

You can also print out the list of items and bonus points as well as a printable sign for the pics.

You really DON'T want to miss out on all the fun!  

Trust me.  I won't lie to you ;)

You'll want to join in.  Otherwise you'll suffer from serious #FOMO and nobody wants that.







SO whaddya say?!?!?

Who's comin' with me?!?!

Alright then!  

Let's get this party started!!!!!





If you have ANY questions regarding the rules, list, etc., find us on Facebook and leave us a comment on our page. One of us will get right back to you!!!

And don't forget to find us on Instagram, too!  We'll be highlighting and featuring some of your fun finds!!!  Just search @bloghoppin.







30 comments:

  1. Cara, you are the cutest. You may have just got my booty motivated enough to start Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa!! You HAVE to join Instagram!! It's so much fun!!! :)

      Katie :)

      Delete
  2. Super excited to start this! Can't wait to see how many are participating in Vegas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING!! I can't wait to start this fun photo hunt!! Vegas will be a great place to take fun pictures too! Plus, what an amazing prize! Thank you all so much!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeekkkk!! Super excited, y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO fun. What a creatively UH-may-ZING idea. And the subtle shout out for my book didn't go unnoticed. Thank you, thank you!! I'm with Lisa ... this might be what I've been waiting for to get on Instagram. SMILE!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be so much fun!!!! I can't wait to get started!! My husband is going to think I'm such a dork for carrying my list around with me everywhere I go!! :) So excited!

    Katie :)
    KTP: Keep Teaching and Planning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cara - you should be a motivational speaker! Who wouldn't want to participate after reading that post?!?! Sounds like so much fun!

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. #excited #cantwaittostart

    mrsadrianaberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun stuff ladies! Love it! Bring on Vegas for some awesome photo ops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to be so much fun :) I love a challenge!

    Literacy Without Worksheets

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this! Let the instagram scavenger hunt madness begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, this is INCREDIBLE!! Seriously the best idea EVER!!!
    Linda

    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is going to be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun! I'm in!
    Janice @ Prekpartner.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. ok, seriously?! #giddyteacher

    Y'all know that teachers around the world have their game face on and are gonna produce the most creative pics ever! It'll be just exciting to see all the other pics. Thanks for your brilliance, gals!

    xoxo,
    Janice #snapready
    @1islandlover

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like so much fun! But there are so many things in the list that I have never even heard of, and a lot that I have, but never seen around my little town. And I won't be going anywhere between now and August! I REALLY wish I could join in on this!!

    www.learnintoteach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get creative! We all are! Also, I had to google a couple of things, but figured out it wasn't as complicated as I thought. Have fun!

      Delete
  17. Sounds really fun! Looking forward to meeting everyone in Las Vegas!!!!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY GOSH! I am so excited!! Like seriously, can't stand it.. Is it the 6th yet!? I love scavenger hunts! I can't wait to "meet" everyone and see how creative these photos get! Game on!

    Tasha Emmerson
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought it started today because it was posted today, do I have to repost the pictures I took tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this! Can't wait to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! This is just what I needed to get hopping on my own blog. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So excited to start the Scavenger Hunt! Looking forward to meeting you in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm having so much fun, thanks for hosting this! Can't wait to continue in #tptvegas2014 !!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cara - this is hilarious!!! It looks like SO much fun! I just printed everything out. I plan to start tomorrow. :)

    ~Kim
    For the Love of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cute creative idea!! Love your blog- have a quick question. Where did you purchase your camera clipart used in the blog hop scavenger hunt info? I love it, been searching for a realistic yet cute camera graphic and this one nailed it. I'd love to purchase it.
    Thanks and again, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete