Image Map

Reading: Digging Deeper

Hello everyone! It's Michelle from Fabulous in First. When I teach reading, I like to get the biggest bang for my buck, so in addition to Guided Reading time, where I teach small groups, I also have a reading time dedicated to one book a week. A time, where we read, and re-read a book and take a closer look at the book each day.  This is an easy way to hit many Reading standards, build fluency and practice decoding as well.  Throughout the year, I choose books that best fit my students' interests, levels and our theme for the week.  I have created several reading units this year and one of my students' favorite books was Mrs. Wishy Washy's Farm.  They absolutely loved this book, as well as our activities.

So I thought I'd make this unit available to you. You can click the picture below to download a weeks worth of lessons for this adorable book. To read more about Shared Reading in my room, click here.




2 comments:

  1. This looks darling. Thanks for sharing. The word lessons doesn't need an apostrophe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I think shared reading is one of the most important parts of the school day. I think this could really help a lot of people really understand what shared reading is.
    Thanks for sharing, it's also pretty cute!


    Camp Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete