Holly here, from Mrs. Ehle's Kindergarten Connections!
Do you spend your time and energy typing up weekly or monthly newsletters for your parents...
Just to find them STILL shoved in your students' folders, untouched and unread?
Are you looking for another, more effective (and perhaps more creative) way to communicate what you've been working on in your classroom with parents?
Let me introduce you to my friend...
Smilebox offers the neatest "tools" that teachers can use for parent communication!
Every week I make a "Smilebox" picture slideshow-video and send it to the parents so they can see what we accomplished during the week.
Here is an example of one of my weekly slideshows, which I have permission to post. (I have other "better" ones...but they include lots of student names, which I couldn't post.)
1. Go to www.smilebox.com
2. Choose "slideshow" in the format options.
3. Choose a slideshow style that you like. (Most are free, but you may also choose to pay a small fee to access more options.)
4. Upload photos that you want to use.
5. On the template, you may insert your own photos and captions as you wish or choose the "instant" creation option and the site will do the work for you!
6. Save and Share! (You can choose the format you want to use to "share" your slideshow video. It includes every option imaginable (Facebook, embed code, email, etc.)
7. When you create an account (even a free one) you can even choose advanced options to "lock down" photos and control sharing options. It has every security option you could desire!
OH! And SMILEBOX offers many other fun communication tools too! Check out this fun e-card I mailed to my parents during Superhero Week...
|This digital invitation made with Smilebox|
Take a minute to check it out! Even if you choose not to use it for your classroom, I'm sure you can find a way to use it with your family!
Have a blessed week!