Well, then I have something for you! One of my student's parents is an educator and I had the pleasure to talk to her during Open House. She mentioned that she saw one of her fourth grade teachers using an amazing app called Plickers!
Plickers is an app that allows you to collect real time data for your students in very little time. The app uses special qr codes that are unique to each student using a number system that is created when you set up your class. The same "paper clicker" or plicker can be used over and over! Kiddos can keep the same card in their desks or folder for instant access. All you have to do is:
1. Go to Plickers.com and create an account.
2. Create your class.
3. Print the "plickers" for your class.
4. Create questions for your students to answer.
5. When the question is presented, snap a picture!
It's that easy! Not only is it super easy to create and use, it's free! How cool is that?
Some awesome information to know before you use the app:
- I recommend that you do not laminate the cards because it makes it hard for your iPad or iPhone to get the information that you need.
- The cards have little bitty letters printed around the qr code. This allows the kiddos to figure our which way to turn their plicker to answer the question.
- The letters are super small and the puzzles are all different so that each student responds on their own, without any risk of "being wrong." No one will be able to see what they responded except you and students are numbered so as not to use their names.
The help service for the website responds quickly and are very helpful. I am really excited to have this to use with my students and to be able to collect data about them as I teach. They make great exit tickets and will be an asset to any lesson that you teach!
I can't wait to hear all about how you us this in your classroom! I pinned it more information to mu Pinterest boards and Facebook, if you would like to know more! Happy clicking!