Batter Up! It's baseball season!

Hello Friends!

This is Cindy from Kinderkay Love Those Kinders and I thought that I would share with you a baseball craftivity that I did with my kiddos last week.



A fun book to read before doing this activity is PETE THE CAT: PLAY BALL! In the way that only Pete can, this book teaches children to accept their mistakes and not be sad; to keep trying. It also does a nice job of describing the sport of baseball in a simple, fun way.

http://www.amazon.com/Pete-Cat-Play-Ball-First/dp/0062110667

After reading the book, we discussed the word "sport", sportsmanship, and how the game is played. I did a simple fill in the blank writing activity with my kinders, but I have included a higher level reading activity for those children that need more challenge.



When the writing activity was over, my kiddos created a baseball player. I am NOT a template/pattern teacher, but for this activity, I DID give them a template to trace for the baseball player's head, body, and glove. I let them choose the colors for their uniforms, but you can tell that we live in Central Illinois... There was an overwhelming choice of Cubs blue and Cardinals Red! :)







This is such a cute and fun Spring activity! It will be free in my store for a limited time... so get it while you can!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Batter-Up-Baseball-Craftivity-for-Little-Kids-1812634
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Batter-Up-Baseball-Craftivity-for-Little-Kids-1812634


Enjoy!

Blessings,


6 comments:

  1. I really liked this part of the article. with an interesting topic has helped a lot of people who don.t challenge things that people should know. Let me keep this page, an introductory greeting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I love his blog, thank you friends articles that can add science, very useful, bookmark permissions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know... you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this, Success for you.                        

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for another wonferdul aricle. Where elie could anyone get that kind of information in an ideal way to write? I have a preientation next week, and I am on the iearch for thii information, very helpful. Thii ii my blog driver download

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know... you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this, Success for you..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget