Image Map

Thematic Writing Mats to Engage Your Students!

Good Morning, Blog Hoppers!! Kerri B from Teacher Bits and Bobs here...
Are you looking for a way to get your kids excited to write, while engaging them with lots of great vocabulary? Check out what my kiddos have been working on lately!

We also started our new journals last week using my thematic writing mats and my kids WENT BANANAS!! I showed them all the different writing mats that they could choose from and they could not wait to choose!! Here are some pics of them choosing and writing...
I threw all the writing mats and the carpet and each table got to come over and choose one...

It's just so hard to choose!!

Then they got to work! Superheroes (a big favorite!)

Star Wars (also very popular!)

Ocean friends

In the Garden
After we wrote our stories, I chose some different kids to come and sit in the author's chair and read their stories to the class. They were sooo stoked! This also encouraged the not so great story writers (meaning they cheaped out and didn't write juicy describing sentences) to up their game for next time! 

We're going to use these writing mats every Friday and I cannot wait to read all of the stories they come up with. :)

You can check these out in my TPT store. They're bundled by theme or you can just pick and choose whatever themes float your boat! All told, I have over 50 writing centers in my store! That's a lot of choices!! Click on each picture to check them out in my TPT shop...



Have a wonderful week, friends!!
XOXO Kerri B

No comments:

Post a Comment