Using Keynote for Beginners

Hello Friends,

This is Cindy from Kinderkay Love Those Kinders. I know that many people use Power Point to create printed documents. I, too, use Power Point,  but I have also started to use Keynote  and have found that there are some aspects of Keynote that I really, really like.

There was a definite learning curve for me when I started to use Keynote. I spent many hours searching for answers that turned out to have simple explanations! I sooo wish that there would have been one tutorial that I could have used that would have showed me how to just get started......... So, I thought I would share some of the things that I have learned through trial and error; perhaps saving you a little time as you try to learn Keynote.

This video is for BEGINNERS; if you are an expert on Keynote, what I have to say in this tutorial will probably not give you new ideas for creating your printed documents. If you would like to give Keynote a try, though, perhaps this will give you the nudge to start! The tutorial itself is a bit long (sorry about that!), but as with any video you can fast forward through the information that you do not need!

 Hope you find something in this tutorial helpful!

4 comments:

  1. A million thank yous! Thank you for taking the time to share your hard work. I've been wanting to use keynote and have avoided it because I was intimidated. You made it easy.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so happy to read your comment! PLEASE let me know if you have any problems at all and I will glad to help you! Keynote is fun, but it CAN be tricky and I am glad to share what I've learned to avoid the "tricks!"

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Keynote!! I have been using it for awhile - the trickiest part for me was first figuring out how to rotate images. I still haven't found a way to add a glow affect to text, but I must say that I definitely prefer Keynote to PowerPoint after a couple of weeks of using it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea!
      You are right... I do not think there is any way to make text glow as you can in Power Point. You can add shadow effects which I use all the time, but no glowing... :( What I do if I want a glow is to create the Glow effect I want in Power Point and copy/paste it to my Keynote document.

      I cannot remember if I told how to rotate objects in my tutorial, so I will write it here.... You simply hold down the Command Key, put your curser on the corners and rotate.

      Thanks for the comment, Andrea!
      Cindy

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget