Image Map

Teacher Week {Where I Teach Wednesday with Second Grade Shenanigans}

Hey blog hoppers! This is Hope King from Second Grade Shenanigans and I am so excited to share a little peek into my home teaching space! One of my favorite things about being a teacher is the fact that I get to design and decorate my very own classroom! I mean…what teacher doesn’t go crazy preparing a classroom for a new year?!? I tend to go a little beyond crazy, but I am totally ok with that!

So…here is a little look into my teaching nook!

Classroom Library


My classroom library is organized by genre and leveled by Lexile! This year, I also decided to separate my bookshelves into fiction and nonfiction text!


 

Then, I have a separate section for mentor texts which will be used to inspire young writers! This section is a work in progress {a.k.a. weekend project}!


Double copy books are a must for any library! The kiddos love being able to chit chat about their favorite stories!


And of course…no library would be complete without the King! ;)


Guided Reading & Small Group Instruction Area


This is one of my favorite places to spend time in the classroom! I love teaching reading, and I love the time that I get to spend with my kiddos in small group!  More importantly, I am in love with my table skirt that a precious grandmother made for me! The storage space under a kidney table is out of this world!

Getting the Most Bang for Your Buck


 
Why place bookshelves against a wall when they can provide the perfect place for centers and/or supplies?! I couldn’t live without this extra space!

A Bird’s Eye View {Almost}

Front:



Back:


My Favorite Purchase {Totally Unnecessary…but I LOVE IT!}

My LED board! I picked this up from SAM’s and it is perfect for our daily schedule!

Outside Walls

Student Work


Oh Snap Reading Ribbons

Well, that’s all for me! Thanks for taking a tour of my little space! Now we want to sneak a peek into your room! 


If you want to link up and show off your classroom, become a follower of Blog Hoppin' and link up below! Remember to link to your direct post, not just your blog url.  Include the Teacher Week poster {right click the poster from above} and link back to Blog Hoppin'! :)


15 comments:

  1. Your room looks fantastic! I love your guided reading table and the skirt. I also would love to sit and read in your turquoise chair. It looks so comfy.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope! How did you create that stage in front of your room!? I love it!! I recently found out I will be teaching 2nd grade for the first time this year, so I have been scouring your past blow posts like crazy this week.

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness I love your room! It is huge and looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome room...love all the colors!

    Patti
    primary practice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks so inviting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your theme! The cardboard Elvis is awesome!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOPE!!!! Could your room be ANY cuter?! It is to die for!! Your hard work has definitely paid off - those are some super lucky 3rd graders!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the pictures! Could you tell me how you use the reading ribbons? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot get over how cute your room is! Nice work!

    The REAL Teachers of Orange County

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to know what you use the cups for. I'm sure it's genius! Your room is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you used the back of the filing cabinet. Do you have those file folder activities available?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the skirt on the guided reading table. How do you use it for storage and at the same time have room for the kiddos to scoot their chairs/legs under the table? Do you use chairs or stools?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you please share some more information on those centers? (round it, place value, etc) Where did you find the information for those? And is there a place where I can get it from.

    ReplyDelete